COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio Dominican men's basketball team will conclude the 2013-14 season with a road trip to Tiffin on Thursday, Feb. 27 for a Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference match up.
Ohio Dominican (5-20; 3-18 GLIAC) at Tiffin (10-15; 6-14)
Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014 ● 8:00 pm
Gillmor Student Center ● Tiffin, Ohio
Tiffin Series: Tiffin leads the series at 32-18 all-time against the Panthers. Earlier this year, ODU beat the Dragons 80-68 in Columbus. Sophomore Mark Minch (West Chester, Ohio) had 21 points and six rebounds while classmate Trent Weaver (Columbus, Ohio) had 15 points and nine rebounds. Senior Brandon Carr (Chicago, Ill.) chipped in 15 points and four rebounds.
News, Notes and Storylines
- Sophomore Chad Nelson (Columbus, Ohio) posted his third-straight double digit game as the Panthers fell 60-59 to Lake Erie on Saturday.
- All four seniors for the Panthers recorded at least 10 minutes of play against Lake Erie, with Don Kellum (Chicago, IL) scoring 14 points, shooting 6-8 from the field. Carr scored 11 points and had three rebounds, while Kevin Domingue (Rockville, MD) added one point and four rebounds.
- The trio of Minch, Nelson, and Weaver lead ODU in the scoring column. Minch averages 13.6 ppg while Nelson and Weaver average 12.1 and 11.3 ppg respectively.
- Weaver is third in the GLIAC in rebounds per game, averaging 7.8 rpg.
- As a team, ODU is ninth in the conference in total rebounds, pulling down 33.5 per game. The Panthers also rank 10th in blocks, averaging 2.5.
Scouting the Dragons
- Tiffin snapped a three game losing streak with wins over Lake Erie and Ashland last weekend.
- Joe Graessle leads the team in the scoring column, averaging 21.6 ppg. Graessle reached the 2,000 point plateau when the two teams met in Alumni Hall earlier this season.
- The Dragons rank first in the GLIAC in steals per game, averaging 7.9.
Contact: Sarah Twiggs