COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio Dominican men's basketball team will conclude its four game road trip with games at Ashland and Lake this weekend in Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference South Division play. The Panthers will then welcome Tiffin to Alumni Hall on Monday, Feb. 3 for a 7:30 p.m. game.
Ashland Series Notes: Ashland is 12-2 all-time against the Panthers. Last season, the two teams split a pair of games. ODU won 75-71 in Alumni Hall while the Eagles took the second game 84-71 in Ashland.
Lake Erie Series Notes: The Storm is 9-5 against the Panthers. Last season, Lake Erie won 69-50 in Columbus and won a 60-59 overtime nail biter at home.
Tiffin Series Notes: Tiffin is 32-17 against ODU. The Dragons defeated the Panthers 98-92 and 90-78 last season.
Ohio Dominican Concludes Four-Game Road Trip
The Panthers conclude its four-game road trip on Saturday against Lake Erie.
News, Notes, and Storylines
- Senior Brandon Carr (Chicago, Ill.) had a career-high 18 points on 7-of-11 shooting from the field.
- Ohio Dominican made a team season-high nine 3-pointers against Malone.
- A trio of sophomores Mark Minch (West Chester, Ohio), Chad Nelson (Columbus, Ohio), and Trent Weaver (Columbus, Ohio) are all averaging double-digits. Minch leads the team with 15.9 ppg while Nelson and Weaver are averaging 11.9 and 10.8 respectively.
- The Panthers are seventh in the GLIAC in blocks per game, averaging 2.8. They also rank third in offensive rebounds (12.2), fifth in total rebounds (36.0).
- Weaver leads the team in rebounds per game with 8.5 rpg while senior Don Kellum (Chicago, Ill.) averages 5.7 rpg.
Scouting the Eagles
Ashland enters Thursday's game with a 6-10 record and is 3-9 in GLIAC play. The Eagles are coming off an 85-74 road loss to Hillsdale on Saturday. Ashland is 6-3 when playing at home (3-2 GLIAC).
Three Eagles are averaging double figures in the scoring column, including Will Evans (13.6 ppg), Brook Turson (10.9 ppg) and Dawuan Thomas (10.1 ppg).
Scouting the Storm
Lake Erie will host Tiffin on Thursday before welcoming the Panthers on Saturday. The Storm are coming off a 66-48 loss to Hillsdale and a 74-49 loss to Findlay.
The Storm are 5-3 when playing at home, including a 4-1 mark in conference play.
Scouting the Dragons
The Dragons will play two games before traveling to Columbus for a match up against the Panthers on Monday. Joe Graessle leads Tiffin in the scoring column, averaging 23.3 ppg.
Khaleal McCormick and Ashton Khan average double digits with McCormick averaging 13.3 ppg and Khan scoring 10.2 ppg.
Contact: Sarah Twiggs