COLUMBUS, Ohio – After an exciting win over Hillsdale on Saturday, the Ohio Dominican men's basketball team will travel to Canton, Ohio for a pair of key match ups against Walsh and Malone.
Ohio Dominican (4-10; 2-8 GLIAC) at Walsh (11-3; 8-2 GLIAC)
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014 ● 7:30 pm
Alumni Arena ● North Canton, Ohio
Ohio Dominican at Malone (7-7; 5-5 GLIAC)
Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014 ● 3:00 pm
Osborne Hall ● Canton, Ohio
Walsh Series Notes: Walsh holds a 45-10 all-time record against the Panthers. Last season, the Cavaliers swept ODU by the scores of 78-64 and 92-59.
Malone Series Notes: The Pioneers are 26-15 against the Panthers. Last year, Malone defeated Ohio Dominican 79-75 and90-66.
Ohio Dominican Opens Four-Game Ohio Road Trip
The Panthers will play four straight games on the road, beginning with a Thursday match-up at Walsh.
News, Notes, and Storylines
- Ohio Dominican saw its eight game losing streak snapped against Hillsdale after beating the Chargers 57-55.
- The win over the Chargers snapped Hillsdale's eight game winning streak.
- Sophomore Mark Minch leads the team in scoring, averaging 16.0 ppg.
- Sophomores Chad Nelson and Trent Weaver join Minch in double digit scoring, averaging 12.4 and 11.6 ppg respectively.
- ODU is third in the GLIAC in offensive rebounds per game, averaging 12.2 and fifth in total rebounds per game, averaging 36.6.
- The Panthers are also ranked seventh in the GLIAC in blocks per game with 2.9.
Walsh enters Thursday's game with an 11-3 record and is 8-2 in GLIAC play. The Cavaliers are coming off an 85-74 win at Lake Erie on Saturday. Walsh is 5-2 when playing at home and is currently riding a seven game win streak.
The Pioneers will have to face Tiffin on Thursday before welcoming the Panthers on Saturday. Malone is 7-7 and 5-5 in conference play. Isiah Elliot leads the team in scoring, averaging 20.0 ppg while Cory Veldhuizen and Christian Graves average 15.3 and 15.1 respectively.
Contact: Sarah Twiggs