COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Owners of a 13 game road winning streak, Ohio Dominican's football team closes the regular season with a GLIAC contest at South Division foe Tiffin on Saturday.
The Panthers enter the game with an 8-1 record and are ranked No. 11 in both the AFCA and D2Football.com polls. ODU is also ranked No. 4 in Super Region Four and is seeking its second straight NCAA playoff bid.
Ohio Dominican's last road setback came on Sept. 22 in a 46-41 loss at No. 4 Grand Valley State. Since then, the Panthers have outscored opponents 496-208, scoring an average of 38.2 points and allowing just 16.0 points per game.
ODU will take on a Tiffin team that enters the contest with a 5-5 record (4-5 GLIAC), the best season by the Dragons since TU joined the conference in the 2008 season.
The Panthers enter the game following a 38-14 win over Saginaw Valley. ODU racked up 501 yards of total offense, compared to 261 for the Cardinals, and the Panthers were plus-three in the turnover column as well.
One of the standout performers was junior kicker Brent Wahle (Pataskala, Ohio), who earned GLIAC Special Teams Player of the Week honors. He booted field goals of 23, 51 and 53 yards, becoming the first kicker in Division II since 2011 to hit two or more field goals of 51 yards or longer in the same game (Greg Zeurlein, Missouri Western, now with the St. Louis Rams.)
Junior Brandon Schoen (Lewis Center, Ohio) returned to the lineup and accounted for 247 all-purpose yards (166 rushing, 81 receiving) and a pair of TDs. He had a 70 yard touchdown run and a 21 yard receiving touchdown. His touchdown run gave him 26 in his career, an ODU record.
Junior Billy Eakins (Pickerington, Ohio) helped pace the defense with 11 tackles and his 10th career interception, which is a new career record at ODU. He has four interceptions this year, with three coming in the Panther end zone to quell potential scoring drives.
Tiffin suffered a 42-7 loss at Grand Valley in its last game. The Lakers had 34 first downs to 11 for the Dragons, and GVSU outgained Tiffin 572-236.
• Since 2006, ODU has an overall record of 68-27 (.716 win percentage.) The Panthers are 22-2 in their last 24 games (.916 win percentage.)
• ODU is 30-5 against opponents from Ohio since 2007 (.857 win percentage.)
• Over the past 24 games, ODU has outscored opponents 970-409, an average of 23.3 points per game. The Panthers have scored 30 or more points 19 times in the streak and held opponents to 14 points or fewer 13 times.
• Over the past 31 games, ODU's offensive line has allowed just 13 sacks. They have allowed just three sacks this fall, which is the third-fewest in the country. The top two teams, Harding and Lenoir-Rhyne, have attempted just 127 passes between the two of them, compared to 291 for ODU.
• The Panthers rank second nationally in completion percentage (68.0); 12th in time of possession (33:27) and 15th in total defense (301.0 yards per game).
• ODU is fifth nationally in red zone scoring, converting 89.7 percent of trips into points, and is ninth in red zone defense, allowing points on just 60.7 percent of trips.
Contact: Scott Miles