INDIANAPOLIS – Ohio Dominican's volleyball team garnered 88 points in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference Preseason Coaches Poll, the league announced today.
That's the sixth most points of any program in the 13-team league, but slots the Panthers fifth out of sixth teams in the West in the conference's new divisional format for the season.
ODU returns seven letterwinners to the program this fall and also has seven newcomers on the roster under second year head coach Jennifer Fekpe.
Last season, the Panthers had one of the top defensive teams in the GLIAC, ranking fourth in the conference with 17.7 digs per set.
Ohio Dominican begins the season at the Warrior Invitational, hosted by Wayne State, and will play Gannon at 10 a.m. and Wayne State at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 1 to start the year.
- Lake Erie (125 pts – 11 first place votes)
- Walsh (81 pts - 1 first place vote)
- Davis & Elkins (72 pts - 1 first place vote)
- Ursuline (70 pts)
- Malone (67 pts)
- Alderson Broaddus (45 pts)
- Ohio Valley (30 pts)
- Findlay (150 pts – 7 first place votes)
- Cedarville (143 pts – 3 first place votes)
- Hillsdale (133 pts – 3 first place votes)
- Trevecca Nazarene (104 pts)
- OHIO DOMINICAN (88 PTS)
- Kentucky Wesleyan (75 pts)
Contact: Scott Miles