COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio Dominican's volleyball team opens up GLIAC play on the road with matches at Malone and Walsh on Friday and Saturday.
ODU squares off with the Pioneers at 7 p.m. on Friday, then returns to the court at 2 p.m. Saturday for the Walsh match.
The Panthers head into the weekend with a record of 5-3, having won their last two matches at last weekend's Charleston Invitational.
NOTING THE PANTHERS
- ODU split its four matches last weekend, falling on Friday by a 3-2 score to Alderson-Broaddus and a 3-1 count to Charleston. The Panthers bounced back with a 3-1 win over Edinboro and a 3-0 win over West Liberty on Saturday.
- For the weekend, the Panthers hit .191 as a team and limited their opponents to a .164 attack percentage. Sophomore Lauren Kraemer (Kettering, Ohio) was named to the all-tournament team after pacing ODU with 40 kills.
- Freshman Jackie Oestreich (Brighton, Mich.) continued the strong start to her season as she hit .348 with 30 kills in the four matches. For the season, Oestreich ranks third in the GLIAC with a .376 hitting percentage.
- Freshman Megan Hendershot (Galloway, Ohio) had a strong week defensively, averaging over four digs per set, while sophomores Darby Slavin (Columbus, Ohio) and Kelsey Fortney (Lorain, Ohio) continued to set the offense with each averaging over four assists per set as well.
- The Panthers rank eighth in the GLIAC with a .202 hitting percentage and fourth in service aces per set (1.80).
- The Pioneers enter the weekend with a 5-3 record overall as well.
- Taylor Slauterbeck leads Malone with 88 kills this fall, and she has also recorded 82 digs.
- The Pioneers are hitting .170 as a team, while the opposition is hitting .177.
- Last year, each team scored a 3-2 road victory in the series.
- The Cavaliers come into the weekend with a 3-4 record.
- Paige Chandler leads the team with 85 kills and is hitting over .200 on the season.
- As a team, the Cavaliers have a .152 attack percentage while their opponents are hitting .175.
- The teams split the series last year, with each winning 3-1 at home.
Contact: Scott Miles